Sunday, May 20, 2007

Increased Basals helping a little

We have had a much better day today. This morning's numbers were always between 74 and 202. Something is still off though because he still needed a correction at 2:00 when he was 202 and holding steady two and a half hours after lunch. Maybe I'll reduce the carb ratio a little. These adjustments sure are easier to do with this monitor on him. I feel that I can be a bit more aggressive in the adjustments. We normally would have changed his basal rate by .05/hour, but last night I adjusted his .5 to .6 for the early morning. I think he needed a jump.

The minilink is still attached and in good shape. Tommy went swimming at the neighbors yesterday. The minilink is supposed to be waterproof, and it did not prove to be a problem. And I love the feature that it continues to track even when he is not connected to the pump. It will do that for up to 40 minutes. So when Tommy hooked back up to his pump, it displayed all of the missing data from his swimming break. So cool!

I am attempting to make a few changes to the template of my blog. I did subscribe to bloglines after Sandra sent me the link. I'm not exactly sure how this will work, but it sounds like it will save a little time checking my favorite blogs. Also, Tommy no longer has the time to coauthor the blog, so I will just have to include my thoughts about his feelings. I should probably put my picture in the profile, but I can't remember how to do that. This blogging stuff is not as easy as it looks. Oh well, enough changes for today. More to come---